28 October 2005

Shout Out: Cory Arcangel & Tom Moody


Today on Rhizome we published an interview of Tom Moody by Cory Arcangel. I admire both artists very much, so I thought I'd pass it on. Enjoy!

P.S. I just looked at Tom's blog and saw this comment, with which I so so identify:

One reason I started the blog was to create an umbrella for various activities and have them be seen as all coming under the art rubric. But people still want to you to be one thing. Unless you say your sole activity is being an artist--then people want you to be more than one thing (e.g., "artist and blogger"). The only way to be thought of as "just an artist" is to be like Albert Pinkham Ryder, painting all day and sleeping on the streets at night rolled up inside a carpet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home