18 January 2006

Representations of Technology at UC Berkeley



Tomorrow rings in another semester at Berkeley and more good times. I'm teaching a Film Studies class on Representations of Technology, in which we will watch the following films, in addition to discussing video game-related new media art: Metropolis, The Man With a Movie Camera, Modern Times, Dr. Strangelove, 2001: A Space Odyssey, The Conversation, Blade Runner, Tron, WarGames, Videodrome. I'm pretty excited about this list!

Here is the course blog. BIG, BIG, BIG thank you's to 893 for making some awesome giffords, for the blog. (The one on the left is a pic of Orson Welles's performance of War of the Worlds, which we'll listen to in class, and the one on the right is from Tron! More to come!)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Betovarg said...

The url for David GersteinĀ“s essay is offline. I had to google it and "cache it".

15:22  
Blogger Tito Maury said...

Hi Marisa S. Olson, I found your blog while doing some research on american idol auditions 2006. I like your blog, thank you for sharing the information and keep up the good work!.
I'll be back to see if you have any posts about american idol auditions 2006

Hello Marisa S. Olson, thanks for sharing this info. I've been looking everywhere to find info about american idol auditions 2006 to share with my readers at http://www.auditions.info-1.org/auditions/2/american-idol-auditions.html. Your post this post is great.

who would have thought that????Regards, american idol auditions 2006

Great blog. Found your blog while searching for more information at yahoo about this post . Your blog has quite a lot of interesting thoughts. Keep up the good work
Thanks,
american idol auditions 2006

14:48  
Blogger Marisa Olson said...

the spam comment above i so stupid but yet so indicative of the kind of american idol stuff i receive every day that i thought i'd leave it. yesterday i got an email from a girl that said "My name is [x] and I am 11 years old. We should be email buddies. I want to be on American Idol Junior." Such emails frighten me for several reasons.

14:56  
Blogger Gina said...

Wow, that's an amazing list of films. Love those animated images too.

02:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home