18 November 2006

Black or White




I just uploaded a new video to utoob, called Black or White. In it, the audio signals from Michael Jackson's song, "Black or White," modify the processing of a video of me listening to the song, via Nam June Paik's rasterizer/"wobulator." I made this on my summer visit to the Experimental Television Center and it's one of many headphone pieces in which I perform the act of listening. The B/W question is tongue-in-cheek, but I was really inspired by the song's original music video, in which a series of faces/video portraits morph into each other... There are actually a few different versions of this video, with nice feedback loops and color processing, and it will eventually be a multi-channel installation, but for now, here's the "original."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home