22 November 2006

Dorkbot-NYC talk Dec 6

Hi! I'm doing something scary.... I'm talking about a complicated new project on which I've barely started research, and playing samples for public scrutiny. Yikes! I'm not sure how this happened, but here are the details... It's for Dorkbot (awesome series!), and Rick Silva (aka my frequent collaborator, Abe Linkoln!! shhhh....) and Sam Freeman will also be presenting. Also, Daniel Iglesia, one of my two amazing studio assistants (more on this soon!) will be on hand to break down the technical details, with me. (Check out his great work!) Ok, so info here:

DORKBOT-NYC: Sam Freeman, Marisa Olson, Rick Silva
Wednesday, December 6th, 2006, at 7pm at Location One in SoHo.


My excerpt....

Marisa Olson: Oh.Yeah.I.Love.You.Baby
Marisa's work deals with popular music and the cultural history of technology. She's just started research on her first sound art album, "Oh.Yeah.I.Love.You.Baby," in which each word in the album title is also the title of a respective track whose lyrics consist solely of that word. To her, these words are the "greatest hits" of pop lyrics, and each utterance of them is culled from hours and days of pop music samples. Of course, Marisa's work is also often about failure, humiliation, and a lack of talent. Accordingly, she's not sure whether her project sucks or not. She could use a little feedback on this work in progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home