18 April 2008

Extracurricular Activities

Hi. As I've mentioned previously, I've been doing a lot of research and writing on surveillance, including teaching a grad seminar at NYU on "Sousveillance Culture," this semester. Below are notes on a few projects I've been involved in, in the course of this research.


I wrote an essay on online privacy (vs publicity) for the book that is accompanying the Michael Connor-curated ICI exhibit, The New Normal. It opens April 25th, at Artists Space.


The next day (Saturday, April 26th), my Sousveillance Culture students will be presenting their final projects in a one-day conference located at The Change You Want To See, in Williamsburg.
http://rhizome.org/announce/view/51385


From May 9-12 I'll be in Madrid to speak about Tactical Media at the Reina Sofia National Museum, in conjunction with the 15th Rencontres Internationales. More details to come.


Last, but certainly not least, on May 15th, Rhizome is having a Benefit that is sure to be the party of the year. :) Please come!

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Sousveillance - lovely.

I think it's time to start wearing masks and hoods everywhere...

http://drunkandincharge.blogspot.com/2008/05/anonymous-biking.html

16:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home